Rugged Monitors Built for Harsh Industrial Environments
VarTech’s rugged displays are built for operation in harsh industrial environments. Panel mount, rack mount, console mount, and chassis mount designs are available as commercial off the shelf (COTS) products with screen sizes ranging from 6.5” to 43”.
Many of our DiamondVue rugged monitors are environmentally sealed with NEMA and IP protection for applications where water, moisture, dust, and dirt are present in the work environment.
Various touch screen technologies are available for our rugged LCD panels including resistive, capacitive, and projective capacitive touch screens. Aluminum or stainless steel bezels, AC, or DC power supply are standard options with VarTech’s rugged monitors. Rugged monitors can be upgraded to have an “onboard industrial computer”.
Looking for a DiamondVue all-in-one industrial touchscreen pc? Click for information on DiamondVue rugged computers.
Contact a VarTech Industrial Display Specialist
Manufacturing Rugged Monitors for over 30 Years
Standard available features and options:
- Adaptive design: same mechanical footprint for standalone monitors and computers
- Mounting configurations: panel with studs, panel with clips, console or console extreme, rack, chassis, and VESA or standard RAM
- Screen sizes: 4:3 aspect ratio – 6.5”, 8.4”, 10.4”, 12.1”, 15.0”, 20.1” | 5:4 aspect ratio – 17.0”, 19.0” | 16:9 aspect ratio (FHD) – 11.6”, 15.6”, 17.3”, 18.5”, 21.5”, 24.0”, 32.0”, 43.0”
- Front bezel construction: 316 stainless steel or black powder-coat aluminum
- Ratings/standards: NEMA 4/4X IP65/66 protection (not available on all mechanical designs)
- Touchscreens: resistive, projective capacitive (PCAP), or ArmorTouch glass-on-film resistive
- Optical bonding (VBOND): Chemical bonding of a front cover glass, or touchscreen to the front surface of the TFT LCD to reduce heat and light reflection
- Power: 12 VDC, 9-36 VDC or 90-264 VAC internal power supply
- Available environment resistances: shock and vibration protection, EMI/EMC shielding, wide operation temperatures, sunlight readable screens
- Hazardous area models: Class I Division 2 certified (panel mount only)
- Environmental and Functional Upgrade Packages
- For a complete list of features and options, visit: DV4 technical specifications page
Also Available as CID2 Hazardous Area Monitor and Computer
Rugged panel mount monitors and computers certified for use in hazardous area Class I Division 2 HMI applications.
Examples of DiamondVue rugged monitors: